Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Insanity that Would Be: A Santorum Presidency

Just when you thought the Christian Right could get any more wrong, Rick Santorum wins two midwestern primaries in a row. So Gingrich seems to win their vote as a Southern Son, edging out the former Pennsylvanian.

Call me insane but the day Tricky Rick wins the nomination is the day I defect to Mexico. If he wins the presidency I will eat my entire baseball cap collection, then move to Venezuela.

Mitt, with all his cash, and Gingrich with his shiny new $10 million coin can't do better than Mr. Shoestring whose only attribute is a midwestern horse's face. It is not my vote or my thinly organized and silent brethren (and pro-choice sisterdhood) that will win any candidate in the GOP an election, it is the evangelicals who seem to be moving from vocal minority tea baggers to entrenched plurality moving to near majority. There is no room for a socially liberal GOPer like me any more.

Call me a RINO as some have, but I can't listen to Santroum's tripe pandering to the intolerant. I need to hear something that makes sense. I am guessing Obama can beat any of these stooges.

So it's 105-71-29 with 1,000+ more delegates needed to approach the
tipping point. Pennsylvania might still be relevant with its late April Primary. We might actually have 4 candidates on the ballot.

For more, go to the liberal rag I still think trumps Fox News, but I may stand alone in this belief among Republicans: http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates

We shall see what happens next Tuesday. It would be a critical loss for Romney to lose one of his home states, his birth state, the state his dad ran.  Not fatal, not mortal, but like losing a pinky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home